Sunday, July 16, 2006

Heh. Well, my first ever Blog entry.

My name is Sagi and I'm a resident of Tel-Aviv, Israel. I've started this Blog in order to share some of my thoughts about the ongoing Israely-Lebanese conflict: I'm aiming for an unbiased as possible analysis of the war (knowing full well it's high-nigh impossible when you're on one of the sides involved), and I'm especially interested in the realpolitik factors behind it.

I originally posted my theories as comments in the excellent http://lebanesebloggers.blogspot.com/, which I can't recommend enough. If you want live coverage of the war by ordinary people living smack-bang in the middle of it, you should go there. If you're a "kill all Arabs 'cause they're all terrorists anyway" sorta person you MUST go there. Don't get me wrong: I'm rather Hawkish in my views and very much security conscious, so no mushy "we're-all-a-happy-family-of-friends" here - but reading some of the comments made by intelligent, rational and likeable people that just happen to have some very unpleasent neighbours... Well, it certainly makes de-humanizing that much harder.

Oh, and a small caveat: Some of the guys (and gals) commenting there certainly hate our guts. :) Consider that before going there if you're thin skinned.

So, enough with the introductions:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jad J said...

heheheh i like ure post... but i have htis theory that similar people get filtered (that sounds differnet than what i meant).. well its like water and oil... "Watery" people will mix and "oily" people will mix but no watery oily people mix :) so at the end, on Lebanesebloggers, watery people prevailed and the oily just left!

8:03 am  
Blogger Jad J said...

please send me an email soi can add u to my msn.. we have a lot to discuss!

regards,
Jad

8:03 am  
Blogger tokyogardenia said...

Hello Sagi,

Have you every lived in Columbus, GA?

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home